Complete plus Incomplete does not equal Total

When looking at my hometown Lidingö Lidingö kommun, Stockholms län - CityStrides it says 536 streets. i have now 253 complete and 275 Incomplete. But 253 + 275 = 528, not 536… What’s wrong…?

It could be that 536 is wrong. I had a bug in the city update code that would cause it to exit early in certain situations, which caused zero-node streets & incorrect node counts. I wouldn’t be surprised if it also caused incorrect street counts.

If that’s the issue, it’ll get fixed in the next update (roughly monthly).

1 Like

OK, thanks, I’ll wait and see!

Hmm, something has happened yesterday or two days ago, now it says that Lidingö has only 530 streets, so six less. But now I have 263 complete and 259 incomplete, 263 + 259 = 522, so still a difference of eight… But it still says the same date “Last updated from OSM: 2020-09-23”. And actually it seems the map has been updated, because I found two streets that had no name in OSM, so I added those to OSM a week ago. Now they are in the CS map, but not in the street listing. Maybe map and lsisting are not updated at the same time?

The visual map you see on CS is generated by MapBox from the OSM data. MapBox update the visual map quite regularly (once every 10 days, at a guess) so the visual image of a street will appear on the MapBox map you see at CS before/after the OSM street nodes have been processed by the (monthly) CS/OSM sync.

1 Like

Ok, that explains it partly… but if it still says “Last updated from OSM: 2020-09-23", how come the total number of streets have decreased from 536 to 530 a couple of days ago?

If the updated date didn’t change, then that means the code exited early. If that happened then you likely have some zero-node streets & incorrect counts.

The code has been updated since then to address the early exit, but I do think I still have a bug that is leaving some zero-node streets - I’m still working on that.

Things seem to happen all the time :slight_smile: This morning I had 275 out f 530 completed, right now (without any running done in between) I have 274 out of 534! I guess there is no way for me to download the list of my Complete and incomplete, and the total to do a manual compare and see what’s changed? A bit tedious to try to extract them by stepping 10 by 10 and copying…

Oops, forgot to say that since I now have 260 Incomplete, this means the total is OK now, 260 + 274 = 534! And it now says Updated from OSM today, so I hope it’s allright now!

Yeah, I’m pretty sure this is related to the zero-node issue. The counts aren’t being updated, which means the code is exiting early (count reset is done at the end).

Can you explain what you’re doing here? Are you just trying to get an accurate count of complete/incomplete/total streets? If so, I wouldn’t put any effort into that, if I were you - the counts are off because of a bug in the global update code & that’s something that I will be fixing.

1 Like

Ok, noted! I’ll just wait then :slight_smile:

1 Like