Chinese Postman Problem Solver

Hi Matej,
thanks for making this, it looks really nice and seems to work well on the examples I’ve tried! I also really like the ability to export the route as a GPX file, having some form of navigation will definitely be necessary for me to be able to follow the ideal path :smile: At the moment I’m building my routes as much for ease of execution as for efficiency as I’m just memorizing them, but I will give this a try when I get the chance (and if my watch can handle the navigation).

1 Like

@99aad85097beec3cac01 Just started playing with your URL. That’s pretty cool!

1 Like

This is awesome!

1 Like

Great tool! I have some ideas for improvement, as you have stated you are open to that.

OSMNX will allow for a custom filter, so you could use a filter that matches exactly the filter used at Citystrides, that would be a nice touch and keep from trying to route us onto roads inappropriate for running.
Docs: https://osmnx.readthedocs.io/en/stable/osmnx.html?highlight=custom%20filter#osmnx.graph.graph_from_polygon
It appears the details of that query can be found here: Overpass Street Query

It would also be great if the starting node for the Eulerian circuit could be specified. So that one could aim to start at a good parking location for instance.

Hi Troy,

glad to hear that.

OSMNX will allow for a custom filter, so you could use a filter that matches exactly the filter used at Citystrides, that would be a nice touch and keep from trying to route us onto roads inappropriate for running.

Yeah thats a really good call! I was also annoyed that it is routing onto motorways… I didn’t know that you can specify the highway that specifically within OSMnx. I added a “issue” in the github repo, will try to fix it Thanks!

It would also be great if the starting node for the Eulerian circuit could be specified. So that one could aim to start at a good parking location for instance.

The route would be the same, only the starting / ending node will be different. I had this idea as well, it shouldn’t be hard to set different point.

Thanks again! I would kindly recommend to raise the issues in the github repo, if you are not github member feel free to raise here or DM :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hey there. I really like this and am happy just watching it map out streets I have already run more efficiently than I did!
I tried to use it today in a section on lewisham, nsw, australia - and it worked except that it ignored the lanes that city strides definitely includes.
Any way to adjust the parameters?

Closing this out based on our conversations in Automatically Generate Routes

2 Likes