Businesses and private roads

Hello,
I’ve tried using the search function but I can’t seem to find a consensus on what do.
My run yesterday I completed 27 streets, but around 1/5 of them are actually shops. Am I meant to flag these to get them removed?
Cardiff, Wales has 4815 ‘streets’ but if you look at the first page, the first 10 ‘streets’ are all buildings.
Also one of my progressed roads was Century Court which is actually a gated community so impractical for me to get 100% on.
Thanks in advance,
Mike

Unfortunately the idea is to flag them for removal… it’s a huge pain of a process that I can’t keep up with, though…

I need to rethink this aspect of the site!

1 Like

Real men get all the nodes. That’s the most fun part, is trying to get off limits or crazy nodes. Streets are easy.

1 Like

I’ll take that bait! Haha

Oh look, I just found a node in your livingroom! :grin: #letsgetthemall

2 Likes

In some way, user should be able to remove those non-streets themselves. I guess there needs to be a kind of ‘removed-list’ so others can check this.
It’s unmanageable to leave this task at the desk of James, I think he should not be busy with such details.

IMHO, local moderators who know their cities would be my proposal.

3 Likes

Local mods would be great. I thought it was odd that there were buildings included too. I’m certain Cardiff would get tidied up quickly, we seem to have developed quite a bit of competition!

1 Like

Indeed a good plan. For my (small) city, Oegstgeest, I would l
ike to volunteer :slight_smile: I have already flagged all non-streets…

1 Like

Any progress on cleaning up false streets? Out of 5000 so called streets in my hometown of Oslo only about 3000 of them are actually streets. Is there a way to easily remove railways, metros, ponds, lakes, rivers, islands, schools, kindergartens, hospitals, publics buildings, businesses etc?

Running all crazy nodes is just not an option. I would rather run the thousands of unnamed trails which is not includes in Citystrides.

When it comes to any nodes that can’t be completed (in-excessable areas, etc.), you all might consider clicking on the street detail and manually marking it as complete. Respect to those who try to complete all nodes, but sometimes it’s just not feasible to get to some of them.

I’ve noticed today that 4 ‘streets’ have been removed from my home town, so there is a little progress, but this is a way bigger job that one dev can handle manually. I hope there’s a solution soon!

1 Like

@JamesChevalier Just please, please don’t remove any nodes I’ve already completed! I’ve spent too much time jumping fences and scrambling through the woods already… :sweat_smile:

6 Likes

A part of me dies every time I click the manual completion button. But sometimes it has to be done.

2 Likes

I refuse to manually complete anything! I’d rather leave them undone, and document that in the comments.

3 Likes

I agree. There are 8 nodes to a FEMA (Federal Emergency Management Association) site (“road”) in the town of Maynard MA that corresponds to the corners of two buildings on site. The road is called FEMA. The site is fenced in with barbed wire, security cameras and a 24x7 guards. I was thinking I have a few options to complete: Try to get a interview for a job on the site and ask for a tour while I am there or wait for a cataclysmic event and show up looking for help. One thing I will NOT do is mark it complete manually!!!

3 Likes

I know that @paps has asked for permission before to get into high security areas, like what you are describing. I don’t know if he’s had success yet but I definitely will be taking my very nearly completed city map and trying that, if I have to!