Bug: Inconsistent number of streets

You can see that the “City” card at the very top shows 1309 streets. But there appear to be only 1306, in the actual list. Also the sum of “complete + incomplete” on my profile (for this city) also add up to 1306.

So maybe 1309 was the total before flagging?

Doubling down on this, same thing is happening in Cardiff, UK.

City has 4805 streets.
I have 3003 incomplete, 1800 complete.
Missing 2 streets somewhere.

I don’t know why, but cached count got out of sync with the actual count. I’m guessing that it’s related to my Street deletions, but :man_shrugging: … I’m running a command now to reset the Street count for all Cities. I’m unsure how long it’ll take to complete this, but I’m hoping it’ll be done within an hour or so.

After I reset all the counts, I’ll go delete some Flagged Streets & see if the counts go off.

Edit: The count reset is done. :tada:

2 Likes

There is again a bug in the number of streets in some cities, for example in this Belgian city of Watermael-Boitsfort - Watermaal-Bosvoorde:

• there are 260 streets indicated below the name of the city
  • there are only 234 streets in the city (see e.g. the list of my completed and incomplete streets there: https://citystrides.com/users/788/cities/29736), This figure is used to calculate the percentages.

The later seems to be correct unless by accident you excluded some streets, the former seems to be the problematic one, maybe because the count includes objects which are not streets, or has not been updated. The difference is usually not big (1-2 streets), but for some, like the example above, it is bigger. Based on the Brussels sample - it looks like the difference is more pronounced for the cities with large nature areas, so maybe hiking trails/paths are the cause for the difference?

This is a very minor issue, as percentages seem to be calculated correctly, unless this is is the result of some streets missing from your data :slight_smile:

This is a known bug, related to zero node streets. If the city update code exited early, not all the statistics were updated. It’s being worked on.

1 Like