Bournemouth, Christchurch and Poole

First post so not sure what I am doing is correct but here goes all the same.

I am slowly adding streets in my home town of Poole as I quite often bumble around the same part of town it will be slow progress.

When I look at the town over views for Bournemouth, is there a reason that is covers the whole of Poole as well? In fact it covers the whole of Christchurch as well having looked at it again. I know the that the council is now the 3 but Bournemouth is definitely not as large as your map suggests.

Ah, I see … Yeah, I’ve got the individual (now historic) cities Bournemouth, Christchurch, and Poole in CityStrides.

Then I have the (new) single Bournemouth, Christchurch and Poole in CityStrides as its own place but it’s incorrectly (?) named just “Bournemouth”. This single location came from: Relation: ‪Bournemouth, Christchurch and Poole‬ (‪9448448‬) | OpenStreetMap

Should I rename the large Bournemouth in CityStrides to “Bournemouth, Christchurch and Poole”?

Hi James.

Bournemouth, Christchurch and Poole is now the local council after the three councils merged this winter. Currently all 3 towns are still individual and long may this continue.

Maybe if you were to list it as BCP instead of Bournemouth as someone who does not live in Bournemouth will not complain as much.

Thanks Mark

:+1: Done :heavy_check_mark:

Hi,

I also run Poole and noticed when I lost Poole so managed to help get Poole back as its own city. I just came to post that BCP was coming up as just Bournemouth but you beat me to it.

I just got over 50% in Poole the other day. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

That is some almighty achievement there.

I am a recent runner and mainly attack the same area so highly unlikely to catch up, especially with the lockdown coming up.

All the best