Best GPS Watch for CS?

Thank you for the interesting insights!

FWIW I use EasyRoute on my Apple Watch for directions while running, but it doesn’t have any other metrics. I’m going to investigate workoutdoors more fully, because on a brief skim of the description it looks like it has some useful features.

Hopefully the new Coros Vertix 2 will encourage other manufacturers to follow suit. Although pricey, Coros Vertix 2 can talk to all five major satellite systems (GPS, GLONASS, Galileo, QZSS, and Beidou) all at the same time. The satellite tracking is great, especially in cities with tall buildings or in areas with tall cliffs that typically cause loss of GPS accuracy. Also, the watch has unbelievable battery life.

2 Likes

I bit the bullet and got a Fenix 6 Pro. I’ll have to say it’s a huge upgrade from my old garmin 235. The ability to have courses, turn by turn directions, music on my watch, pace pro plans, etc. has been awesome! I know some folks have complained about GPS accuracy, but I have not found that to be a problem. If there’s any downside for me it’s just how big the watch is, but I’ll take that compromise in exchange for all the features. There’s definitely a learning curve, but any device packed with features takes time to learn.

For me, I’m a huge Fenix 6 fan. It’s been a game changer.

3 Likes

+1 on the fenix 6

1 Like

That’s what is keeping me away from that line… Just too big, as I have small wrists… The Fenix is as wide as my wrist!

1 Like

Garmin 310xt here. Acted up last summer and I thought it was a goner. Lost a number of runs but it started working again. Then it started corrupting the Garmin Connect uploads for a little while. But it is working fine again. When I have to get a new watch, I will get one that gives me the basic info and save the money. I only use the time, the distance, the elevation gain on the trails, and the time of day. I like all that other stuff but never seem to use it.

1 Like