Alpha: Challenges (request for testers)

I would be happy to be able to contribute here!

User: Michael Nitzsche - CityStrides
City: Altötting, Bayern - CityStrides
Finish until July

I now realize the import via Runkeeper - I created an account there and imported all activities!

1 Like

I’m interested, just tried to join the April challenge and said I’m not authorized.

User: Kevin Pels - CityStrides
City: Brookline Brookline, Massachusetts - CityStrides
8 streets to go, hope to be done by Friday but my legs are killing me! My original goal was June but I think I have a problem. Next up who knows.

1 Like

I’m happy to sign up and be another tester. I don’t have any particular ideas for challenges, I’m just slowly progressing my map when I have the time and inclination to map out my next run.

User: Brian Crandall - CityStrides

1 Like

I’d love to join the challenges. John Kinnicutt - CityStrides
I’m currently working on three main areas:
The Town of North Greenbush Town of North Greenbush, New York - CityStrides
The Town of Colonie, and I just started the Town of Clifton Park

1 Like

I’d love to join the challenges!
User: Jennifer Renee - CityStrides

I’m in the process of moving, so 1st challenge is:

timeframe for this is uncertain–likely 5/31/2020 or possibly later (stuck due to COVID issues)

and once I’m moved, I’ll be aiming for 50% of each by 12/31/2020:

Town of South Salem NY and Lewisboro NY (I couldn’t get the search function to work to get the links, sorry)

I’d be happy to join any challenge–even if it is to explore a nearby place where I’ve not yet done any runs and complete X% of that area by a certain date.

1 Like

I’d like to join if you’re still taking testers!

Working on Baltimore, MD (know I will not get to 100% so just going for as much as possible). Also will be working on Towson, MD.

Only other challenge I’ll have moving forward is to try to get at least a new street every week - generating a streak basically. This will come into play as running volume declines and/or there’s nothing within reach running from home.

1 Like

Please include CityStrides User ID or link to your profile page & I can get that started.

Sorry, had pasted in the wrong link - fixed above!

I’d love in on the challenges!

My goal is to try and run 20% of the streets of Ottawa, ON (Ottawa, Ontario - CityStrides) by the end of the year. Ultimately, I’d love to 100% my hometown, but that will be at least a decade in the making.

1 Like

@th_2412, I feel you on the 100% being crazy! I’m running in Calgary and figure it’s at least a >7 year project too :worried:

Happy Striding! :running_man:

2 Likes

2 posts were split to a new topic: Map no longer filtered

I’d love in on the challenges too!

1 Like

I would like to try the challenges… it will not let me when I click on it to join

1 Like

I am interested!

am nearing the end of my city (Amsterdam, 4711 street) and I am now at 98,45 % of the city

1. Still need to check 37 streets but those are likely to be inaccessable
  2. 36 streets ar definitly inaccessable
  3. I run some streets that are inaccessible but by some running on quit moments in the borders i finished them. Would however nor recommend that. Unfortunately i have not logged which ones

When I have investigated those 37 steets (BTW this will cost me approximately 30 runs = 10 to 12 weeks I will notate my percentage of completion) and manually conplete all the remaining streets

Then maybe I will look if I can fix the inaccessible streets in OSM as inaccessible

4 Likes

User: James Johnson - CityStrides
City: Puyallup, Washington - CityStrides
Start Date: September 1, 2020
End Date: December 31, 2020

Challenge Name: Every Damn Street - Puyallup, WA

Hi, I’m not sure if you’re still looking for testers.
But I’ve actually set myself a challenge for 2020 and that is to run through all the streets of my hometown Gent. At the moment I’m keeping my progress manually on an openstreet map. The map is ok but I don’t have an idea on how my progress really is. I only discovered citystides after I started and hadn’t really investigated the posibilities.
My profile: Boudewijn Van Autreve - CityStrides
The city: Gent, Vlaanderen - CityStrides
Timeline: 1/1/2020 - 31/12/2020
Thank you

I don’t have a strong interest, but if you want a nearly completed city to use for data…

Complete Keller, TX: Keller, Texas - CityStrides
Only missing 10 streets, which I have run, and should complete when OSM update code runs again :crossed_fingers:. Note: They are all 0-node streets.

Goal was by end of October 2020 (might be moving soon).

15,000 streets? Now that’s what I call a long term challenge!

1 Like

I’d like to rerun all streets in a town I’ve already completed. I can finish it by 4/1/21. The issue is that the town in already marked as having the streets complete. Would need to be able to repeat these streets and start from 0%.