Alpha: Challenges (request for testers)

James:

I do not have a current challenge going, but for purposes of the test, I could start one. I have completed a very high percentage of the surrounding towns, therefore most of my runs don’t complete any new streets. But It might be fun to see how many streets I could re-run over a certain time frame for example.

1 Like

Interested! Recovering from some sickness and haven’t been running as much the last couple weeks but planning to get back to 6-7 days/week.

Profile: Eric Bartz - CityStrides
Cities trying to complete

2 Likes

User : https://citystrides.com/users/12780

Quebec city challenge https://citystrides.com/users/12780/cities/37762
challenges start officially on 1/1/2020 and i hope to finish on 12/31/2020 !

2 Likes

+5000 streets in one year!? wow, it took me over 2 years doing that. Good luck!

2 Likes

I’d love to test!
Profile: Sean McIntyre - CityStrides
Concord, NH: Concord, New Hampshire - CityStrides
I started in June/July 2019 and would like to finish by 6/8/20

A post was split to a new topic: Combining Towns

I hope to get as close as possible to 4227 streets! It’s an exciting challenge! Sorry for my rough English, I am of French origin

1 Like

User David Bradway - CityStrides
City Durham, North Carolina - CityStrides
Durham, North Carolina - CityStrides
Deadline 2020 ish

Would love to test this out.

Running daily and about 100k/week. Goal is to complete this city by the end of the summer. Started roughly in late December 2019

I would like to try out the challenges. I have two.

Finish this city by the end of June: Bailey"s Crossroads, Virginia - CityStrides

Get to 33% of this city by the end of the year: Arlington, Virginia - CityStrides

User ID: 8365
This sounds so interesting! I’d love to try it out!

Multiple projects going on right now, but mainly trying to map all of Albany, NY, as well as a number of other nearby cities, like @dallas.devries (There’s quite a little mapping community growing out here)! I’d like to have Green Island done in the next month or two and am trying to figure out what order I want to get some of the others done over the spring and summer.
My very long-term project is eventually mapping a line across the state of New York and connect Albany to Buffalo! I’m pretty close to getting from Buffalo to Rochester done, and have some work done in a number of cities between Rochester and Albany, but it’s going to take a lot of coordination! Ideally I’ll be done (or very close) by the end of 2020, but we’ll see!

I usually run 5-7 days per week and even if I don’t plan a full mapping “session,” I try to get new streets as often as I can. I’m always exploring new areas even if they don’t directly fit in with an ongoing project :slight_smile:

2 Likes

That will be cool! Post an update in General when you’re done!

2 Likes

Hi,
I’m a strider for Quebec city like my wife
profile : Guillaume Barry - CityStrides

Can you add me to challenge 4 Challenge: 2020: Québec - CityStrides ?

Regards,
Guillaume

3 Likes

I’m in.

I’m currently trying to map all of Albany like @vgellatly and maybe @dallas.devries could be convinced to map some if there was a challenge.

I map several days a week, pretty much every run is heatmapping at this point.

1 Like

i would like to joint the challenge beta program !

1 Like

count me in
my challenge would be to conplet Amsterdam in 2020

1 Like

Would love to join the beta challenges if it’s still open! April challenge looks fun!

2 Likes

I would like to join in with the challenges as I am striding a lot more currently, I run every day, although not all are new roads, recently inhale been trying more.

Thanks
Allan

1 Like

Hi, I’m currently working on Seattle streets, with a long way to go. Would be happy to join the April challenge.

Great! I need more info :point_up: