Add lifemap toggle in route view

When creating a route I find it very useful to be able to see the lifemap. This currently works great when initailly building the route, but once it’s saved and viewed as a route only the route itself is shown. Having the lifemap view available would make it possible to check whether the route is still ideal before running it (useful when batch-planning routes in advance).

The idea is to have a button (like in other map views) which displays/hides the lifemap.

Another great idea that I’ve also had while out on a run but forget to post here later :joy:

1 Like

:+1: This will be in the next release.

The page will load with the LifeMap hidden, and the “Toggle LifeMap” button can be used to show/hide it.
The drawn lines of the route are a bit thicker than the lines for the LifeMap … but I do kind of expect some feedback about differentiating the two better. Maybe I’ll make the route lines a bit darker in color as well. :thinking: :man_shrugging: We’ll see.

4 Likes

A post was split to a new topic: Ability to display multiple routes in one map

Looking forward to it!

The dashed blue line when building routes contrasts well with the lifemap, would keeping that style when saving be an option?

Thanks for adding this so quickly! The thicker purple works pretty well imo.

Depending on the coverage of the area, the thicker purple line can completely disappear. A different color/linetype would be helpful. I looked at one of mine and I can’t see it at all.

Depending on how you are using the feature, one option might be a different color route line and layering it under the lifemap when you toggle that on, so only the previously un-run sections of the route show up when both are on?

1 Like