A way to acknowledge striders who have completed a city

:thinking: according to the data, your 95% milestone was Nov 16, 2019.
This is tough, because it spans a period of time where I had a number of issues with the city update & some underlying data/count updates. Iā€™m really hoping it was tied to all that mess, because itā€™s critical that Iā€™m not unknowingly updating this particular piece of data. Iā€™ll have to review things once againā€¦

(Iā€™m not trying to argue against your screenshot, just noting at least to myself what I see in the data vs your experience using the site)

I think that 95% notification relates to London Borough of Croydon, England - CityStrides as I think thatā€™s the only city I was running back then.

Iā€™m not sure if this helps but I think I originally hit 100% for London Borough of Croydon, England - CityStrides on 18 Oct 2020 and London Borough of Sutton, England - CityStrides on 9 Oct 2020 do you see these milestones?
I have since recompleted these cities and have the 100% marker so Iā€™m not sure if that is coming from the original completion or the new one.

:thinking: I haveā€¦

London Borough of Wandsworth - 95% as of Sat, 16 Nov 2019
London Borough of Sutton - 100% as of Mon, 30 Sep 2019
London Borough of Croydon - 100% as of Sat, 13 May 2023

The underlying code works by continually updating the displayed percentage - so that can go up and down - and only setting the milestone percentage (what Iā€™m basing this :100: on) incrementally as you pass each 5%. The date is set as ā€œtodayā€ for the date that the 5% increment is set (so this isnā€™t accurate in a sense of when you reached e.g. 50% itā€™s accurate in the sense of when 50% was calculated because it was built for notifications not for progress tracking).

Iā€™m not, yet, aware of any way for the milestone value to decrease. I did not dive into the history of these files, though. The underlying code may have changed several times over between 2019-202.

This will, overall, require more monitoring and assessmentā€¦

Those dates from 2019 definitely seem off. Hereā€™s a screenshot from 2 Oct 2020 (is it bad I have more photos of Citystrides than of my kids? :rofl:)
IMG_0354
ā€¦
I hadnā€™t quite completed Sutton or Croydon and Iā€™d done pretty much none of Wandsworth.

Please donā€™t spend any time on this though if itā€™s not affecting anyone elseā€¦
Thanks!

1 Like

If it helps, I also have an example of a city that I had once completed, but where I do not have a 100% badge. I completed this city sometime during the first part of 2022 (during Easter if I recall correctly), before I subsequently lost it at some point due to city updates.

I will be able to go back and finish the few updated streets in a couple of months. So, this ā€œissueā€ is not really a problem for me.