New user and strava history

Hi, I’ve read a few times that is takes a couple of days for run history to show from strava when you are a new user. I joined five days ago…can it take longer than this? Any new activity is pulling through fine.

Thanks
Charlotte

Same, it’s been 5-6 days for me

Same here!

Same here!

I think my background/schedules sync is broken (though not throwing errors) … I think this is connected to the other support thread about the missing sync now button…

I’m hoping to clear this up this week.

2 Likes

Great, thank you

@JamesChevalier tried to look around to see what could be the problem with my Strava sync, though this thread is close, doesn’t quite answer my question. I’ve just discovered this today, major kudos. However, my sync seems to have only gone back to March 10th, 2018. Is there a reason it stopped there? Am I able to import all of my runs from strava or just back to a certain date?

I may be hitting Strava’s limits. I’m working through some backlog synchronization for many people, so it might have stopped your sync partway through.
Their limits reset every 15 minutes, so I’ll start another sync for your account in a few minutes. That should work through the rest of your activities (but it may still take up to a few hours).

Hi @JamesChevalier - new user here (love your work!). I’ve joined a few days ago, and I’ve successfully logged my first post-joining run (and that worked just fine). However, no runs in my Strava history have showed up yet. How long are these uploads taking these days? Are Supporters prioritised in that particular workflow?
Thanks!

Hi @JamesChevalier !
Not exactly a new user but I have the same issue : latest synced activities is about one year ago. I haven’t found any info about such a limit. Is there one ? If not, is there anything I can do to upload my oldest activites ?
Love your amazing job !
Nico

I’m syncing your account now … Sometimes I reach API limits, and it stops the sync - I haven’t cleaned that code up yet.
Hopefully this brings everything in - there’s no real limit to how far back CityStrides can go.

Issue fixed ! Thanks for your support :slight_smile:

1 Like

I joined yesterday, and today I saw my first activities appear. I see 55 activities, but in Strava I have well over 1000. Should I expect to see more?

Yes. There’s a big delay. Your full history will eventually sync in. You can keep an eye on things here CityStrides

1 Like

Does the Lifemap populate after the activity syncing is complete? I see now that I have 224 activities in CityStrides, but my Lifemap appears empty.

Ah, yeah - looks like you became a Supporter, which includes an advanced LifeMap. This has to be generated separately, though, so you’re in that queue. :man_facepalming:
I do see your account in that queue - so it’ll definitely run. Looks like there’s a 7 minute delay, plus whatever time it takes to build the data (anywhere from a few seconds/minutes to a half hour; depending on how many activities you have).

Sorry about that - looks like I don’t handle that transition in the best way. :frowning:

No sorry, I just want to be sure I have correct expectations. I look forward to seeing all o my activities in the LifeMap. I have been maintaining my own GPX archive in Caltopo to see everywhere I’ve run, I look forward to seeing that in your system.
I’m guessing it will take a week or so for all of my Strava activities to get into CityStrides, then some time after that for LifeMap to be updated?

@JamesChevalier

I recently signed up and am curious if all my previous strava activities will eventually show up? I have about 1000 activities, so I don’t expect it to happen quickly, but just want to confirm that my last three years of streets aren’t lost. Thanks!

Yeah, nothing’s lost & it’ll all eventually make it into CityStrides.

@wes I’d expect your LifeMap to be updated as each activity is synced into CityStrides. So that should slowly grow over time as well.