Add another street 'category'

Right now, we just have “complete” and “not complete”. @hjkiddk suggested over in this comment that we could add a third ‘category’ of street, giving us:

1. Streets completed
  2. Streets not completed
  3. Streets completed but with unfinished nodes

I’m copying the suggestion here to see if anyone else has thoughts on this.

1 Like

Heh, now that I know streets are “completed” when 90% of the nodes are filled… I think if this was easy to implement it would be interesting for those that are true completionists. I can’t see how I ever get to 100% in my city. 50% is already crazy.

I don’t know how much use I would get from it, but I will add that I was confused that some streets I searched for in my not completed list, that I was sure I hadn’t completed, I found in completed streets.

For me I think 90% is a good trade-off as I’ve seen some odd street node placements. I can’t find the street right now, but I think maybe there was a creek running by a street in one case in my city and some nodes were on the creek in addition to the street and I’d never be able to actually hit those nodes.

Clearly I need to read the forums more :smiley:, I learn something new every time I drop by.

Would it be possible to have another category, Number of Times completed a street? I try to mix up my runs but I bet there are some streets I’ve run a hundred times. Would be a good way to get myself to change my routes. Just a thought.

As for your question, I like the idea of seeing incomplete nodes so I could plan a run to snag them. Thanks again for your hard work!

Good idea! I would call the category “Streets Partially Completed”

These categories would be helpful:

1. Streets completed
  2. Streets not completed
  3. Streets completed but with unfinished nodes
  4. Streets progressed but not completed (visited)
  5. Streets with no completed nodes (never visited)

And maybe:
6. Streets flagged
7. Streets nobody has completed

1 Like

no partially completed streets is the same as streets not completed…